After much anticipation and a whole lot of requests, Riot has decided to surprise us all with a champion thought to be completely cancelled.
That’s right – after over 2 years of waiting – the League is being invaded by Elise, the Spider Queen.
Originally planned as Priscilla, the first incarnation of this champion was scrapped back in May 2010. And since its abandonment, players the world over have been petitioning like crazy to bring the arachnid ruler back. Riot listened, and as you can see they’ve spiced up her majesty.
Similar to Nidalee and Jayce, Elise’s ultimate allows her to transform into two different forms which each give her unique abilities. Each form seems to specialize what Elise is as a champion; Human Form appears to be tailored to all of Elise’s AP caster kit, while Spider Form is clearly meant to be melee-assassin oriented. You can see a full breakdown of her current abilities below:
Abilities (Human form):
- Spider Swarm (Passive): Elise’s Human Form spells will ready a spiderling when cast on an enemy.
- Neurotoxin: Elise damages a target based on its current Health.
- Volatile Spiderling: Elise releases a venom-gorged spiderling that explodes when it nears a target.
- Cocoon: Elise fires a skillshot that stuns the first enemy struck.
- Spider Form: Elise transforms into a menacing spider with new abilities. While in Spider Form, Elise deals magic bonus damage on attack and has increased Movement Speed, Armor, and Magic Resistance. Each level of her ultimate allows Elise to summon an additional spiderling.
Abilities (Spider Form):
- Spider Swarm (Passive): Elise summons her spiderlings to fight by her side. Spiderlings deal physical damage and take reduced damage from multi-target abilities.
- Venomous Bite: Elise lunges forward and bites her target, slowing them and dealing bonus damage based on how low its Health is.
- Skittering Frenzy: Elise and her spiderlings gain Attack Speed and heal her on each attack.
- On enemy cast: Elise and her spiderlings ascend high into the air and descend upon an enemy target.
- On ground cast: Elise and her spiderlings ascend high into the air, becoming untargetable for two seconds. Casting Rappel on a nearby enemy during this time will descend upon your target.
- Human Form: Elise transforms into a human form with new abilities. Each level of her ultimate allows Elise to summon an additional spiderling.
For a look at the lore behind Elise, check the bottom of the page here.
So what do you guys think? Insta-buy? Let us know in comments below!