Do you like the idea of a jungle assassin? Are you fond of Cho’Gath, Kog’Maw, and other creatures of the void?
Is “Alien” your favorite movie?
Revealed late Wednesday, Kha’zix looks to be a mix of some very powerful champions. A lot of speculation has gone into his origins, including notions that Kha’zix is the “big game” Rengar is stalking. And while we don’t yet know how accurate that is from a lore perspective, it’s pretty hard to ignore that both champions have very similar feel to them.
But come on, this is Alien vs. Predator.
Alternatively, I have also heard him being compared to a purple Scyther.
Obvious homages aside, Kha’zix actually sounds more similar to a champion like Diana in that he appears to be an AP based assassin that lurks in the jungle. And with mechanics like evolving skills, on hit aoe heals, and an on-kill cooldown refreshing leap, this Voidreaver looks to be a formidable opponent.
And he stealths. Riot is determined to make you buy those purple wards and oracles.
For a more detailed look at his current abilities, check out his kit below. Keep in mind as this champion is not yet released, all abilities are still subject to change.
See ya on the Fields of Justice!
- Unseen Threat (Passive): When Kha’Zix is not visible to the enemy team, he gains Unseen Threat, causing his next basic attack against an enemy champion to deal bonus magic damage and slow
- Taste Their Fear: Deal physical damage to a single target. Damage against isolated targets is significantly increased. Kha’Zix passively marks enemies that are isolated from nearby allies.
- Evolving claws increases damage to isolated targets even further. Kha’Zix also gains increased range on both Taste Their Fear and his basic attack.
- Void Spike: Kha’Zix fires spikes that explode on contact, dealing physical damage to all nearby enemies. Kha’Zix is healed if he is within the explosion radius.
- Evolving spike racks causes Void Spike to fire three projectiles in a cone. Spikes will also apply Unseen Threat to all enemies caught within the area of effect.
- Leap: Kha’Zix leaps to an area, dealing physical damage to enemies in the area he lands.
- Evolving wings increases Leap’s range dramatically and causes a kill or assists to refresh the cooldown of Leap.
- Void Assault: Each rank of Void Assault allows Kha’Zix to evolve one of his active abilities, granting it an additional effect. Upon activation, Kha’Zix enters stealth and gains Unseen Threat, increasing Movement Speed. Kha’zix can cast Void Assault again for a short time after activation.
- Evolving active camouflage allows Kha’Zix to cast Void Assault three times over the course of its duration and reduces any damage he sustains while in stealth.