We might have a brand spanking new champion heading our way this upcoming League of Legends patch. “Who is this mighty friend or foe that will be joining us on the Fields of Justice?” you ask. Well, it’s Darius, of course! Darius, the Hand of Noxus is a mighty axe wielding champion that is extremely capable of hacking and slashing his way through the enemy team. With a set of very “bloody” abilities, this champion could easily be a fantastic addition to your arsenal.
- Darius aims his attacks strategically causing his target to bleed. This effect stacks up to five times.
Attack your enemies; check. Sit back and watch them bleed to death; check!
- Darius swings his axe in a lethal circle. Enemies struck by his blade take more damage than those struck by his shaft.
This ability is comparable to Xin Zhao Crescent Sweep, which is a huge swing of the champion’s weapon. It sounds like you would ideally want to use this first in a team fight to apply Hemorrhage to the entire team.
- Darius’ next attack severs a crucial artery. As the target bleeds out, its movement and attack speeds are slowed. Crippling Strike’s cooldown is lower the more bloodied its target.
Not only are you already applying bleeds through Hemorrhage, but with this ability you are also applying a huge attack and movement speed debuff. And just as an added bonus, the more the target bleeds the lower and lower your Crippling Strike cooldown gets. Talk about locking your target down.
- Darius hones his axe, granting him passive armor penetration. When activated, Darius sweeps up his enemies with his axe’s hook and pulls them to him.
I’d like to refer to this as the “You’re not going anywhere!” ability. Apprehend will not only grant you passive armor penetration, but will also make sure those cowards running away from your bloodied axe won’t make it home alive.
Noxian Guillotine (Ultimate):
- Darius leaps to an enemy champion and strikes a lethal blow, dealing true damage. This damage is increased for each stack of Hemorrhage on the target. If Noxian Guillotine is a killing blow, its cooldown is refreshed.
To utilize this to its full potential, you would want to make sure that your enemy has five stacks of Hemorrhage. Then use Noxian Guillotine to blow up your target. Also if you happen to land a killing bow with this ability, you don’t have to worry about your ultimate being on cooldown, because its refreshed!! Letting you just blow up another poor soul.
With a passive that stacks bleeds, a slow so that enemies can’t run away, a CC pull them if they so happen to almost get away, and a huge nuke for an ultimate, something tells me this champion might be a force to be reckoned with. For those of you that were waiting for a bulky strong melee champion, Riot has answered.