This week on our indie bundle roundup we have a 5 new Valentines Day inspired bundles.
There aren’t too many new bundles this week, and several are close to wrapping up. The bad news is… You have a limited amount of time to get your hands on the current bundles. The good news is… We’ll probably see a whole bunch of new bundles very soon.
Humble Bundle: Mojam – Ends TODAY
- Games Included: Eight un-named games currently being worked on by Mojang, Oxeye, Wolfire Games, Vlambeer, Grapefrukt and Ludosity.
- Steam: ?
- Desura: ?
Mojam is Mojang’s annual game jam wherein they invite some of their indie friends to get together, create games, stream the process and offer gamers the oppurtunity to donate to charity while watching the games they will eventually own be made. Since the games haven’t been finished yet, the only way to have any clue what you may be getting is to watch the streams.
Everything donated goes to charity and you can choose to divide it between Block by Block and the EFF or give 100% to one or the other.
Indie Royale: The Chosen Bundle – Ends Feb 28th
- Games Included: Hard Reset, Jolly Rover, Vertex Dispenser, DLC Quest, artbook, soundtracks and dlc.
- Steam: Some
- Desura: Some
Indie Royale is a “beat the minimum” bundle with a suggested price of $15 and a current minimum of $4:95. Paying more than the minimum helps knock down the price for people who purchase the bundle after you. Anyone who pays $8.00 or more will also receive the album O.S.T. Original Soundtrack by Daniel Capo.
BundleStars: Bundle #3: “Magic Number” – Ends Mar 12th
- Games Included: Air Conflicts: Secret Wars, Helldorado, Storm: Frontline Nation, Mata Hari, Cargo! The Quest for Gravity, Crazy Machines: Elements, Crazy Machines 2 and Alter Ego.
- Steam: Yes
- Desura: No
IndieStars offers a fairly large bundle for the set price of $4.98. Their third offers eight unique games at 95% off the normal price.. Five percent of each purchase goes to a charity called SpecialEffect which is designed to help persons with disabilities have a better quality of life.
Groupees: Be Mine Anniversary – Ends Feb 28th
- Games Included: Eschalon Book II, iBomber Defense Pacific, Livalink, Party of Sin, Major Mayhem, Men of War: Assault, Two Worlds 2, Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes, Planets Under Attack, Dungeons: The Dark Lord
- Steam: Some
- Desura: Some
Groupees bundles are typically pay-what-you-want bundles with tiers. A limited number of the bundle games are available to everyone who pays $1 or more. Those wishing to pick up the full bundle will be required to spend a few bucks more (the exact amount depends on the bundle going at the time). In addition to this, Groupees offers bonus goal items. Essentially, once a certain number of bundle sales has been reached, the bonus item will be unlocked. The number of bonus items depends on the current bundle and the time it runs.
This bundle also includes several albums and game soundtracks.
Groupees often runs multiple bundles at the same time — often for different media such as music, indie film and comic books. So be sure to check out their other offerings.
The Indie Gala Colossus – Ends Mar 1st
- Games Included: Subversion City Generator, Voxel Destruction, 7.62MM, Talisman Prologue, Darwinia, Multiwinia, Defcon, Uplink, Hearts of Iron III, DemiGod
- Steam: Most
- Desura: Talisman Prologue
Indiegala is a pay-what-you-want bundle with a suggested price of at least $5.65. Paying under that amount will get you the first five games. Paying more than that will grant you the rest of the games including the secret bonuses that are unlocked the second week.
The current bundle supports two charities: AbleGamers and Gala Project X
The Free Bundle 3 – Ends Mar 6th
- Games Included: Cube 2, Uberleben, Ninja Senki, Armagetron Advanced, Lyle in Cube Sector, Vampires!*
- Steam/Desura: These are free games so they’re typically standalone PC downloads.
The Free Bundle is an indie bundle put together to highlight the games of talented developers that might have gone overlooked. It’s put together by the creators of Cypher, who plan to do more bundles like this in the future.
*There’s a special note on the Free Bundle page regarding Vampires! that you all may want to check out. It seems that there has been some issues with a publisher and the Free Bundle is encouraging people who like the game to help the developer out by purchasing the game for $5. The game can still be downloaded for free, but as is often the case with these things, if you really like something, it certainly doesn’t hurt to support the people that make it.
If you missed the first Free Bundle, it is easily accessible through The Free Bundle website.
And if you haven’t picked up the other games, go do it now.
The Mothership Bundle – Ends When Keys Run Out
- Games Included: Mayhem Intergalactic, Beware Planet Earth!, Eight Days in Convoke and a bonus game — Fulmination.
- Steam: Mayhem Intergalactic only
- Desura: Everything Else
The Mothership Bundle is an indie bundle offered by indiebundle.org. This site is unique because it actually offers several bundles at once. All of their bundles consist of three items (or in some cases albums) and are always $5. They also have a limited number of available keys per bundle.
This particular bundle is their most recent offering, however there are many others that would be worth looking at.