Blizzard’s not-quite-annual convention has been announced! Blizzcon 2013 will take place in Anaheim on November 8 and 9, 2013.
As the official announcement states, the seventh Blizzcon will offer attendees a chance to enjoy:
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Global finals for Blizzard eSports, featuring top pro gamers from around the world
- In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
- More activities and attractions to be announced
The previous BlizzCon was held in Anaheim in October 2011. Tickets to the event sold out in seconds, and highlights included the unveiling of the fourth World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria®, and an epic closing concert featuring rock legends Foo Fighters.
Further details about BlizzCon 2013, including ticket availability and pricing, will be announced on the official BlizzCon website (www.blizzcon.com) as the event draws closer. Those interested in attending the show in person can make advance hotel reservations now and receive special BlizzCon rates by booking through the BlizzCon hotel website.
The last Blizzcon was in 2011, the 2012 edition was cancelled to “give the team more time to work on the release titles”, to the disappointment of many Blizzard fans. 2011′s Blizzcon sold out in seconds, as have previous ones, so the same will likely be true of this one, so keep an eye on that official website for booking information for the convention itself as well as for accommodation in the area.
Will you be trying for convention tickets? Heading down to Anaheim, CA, to experience it for yourself? I know the GAMEBREAKER crew will be doing our best to get down there, so we’ll be looking forward to seeing it and meeting some of the site’s readers and viewers!