Guild Wars 2 Open Beta
Time to take off the tin foil hats.
This morning, Mike B and I speculated that due to the amount of anticipated business the pre-order — or pre-purchase – will generate for Guild Wars 2, the post April 10 betas would have to be open.
It seems that has been confirmed.
“We expect the public weekend beta people to be some of our strongest evangelists,” said Lye. “They’ll be able to post screenshots, create blogs and create live streaming of the game to share with their friends and the overall community.”
This apparently establishes that the post-April 10 beta weekends will not be under NDA. If this is the case and not a misstatement, I think Guild Wars 2 just got a lot closer than we might have thought.
Putting the tin-foil hat back on for a mo: I think we might see launch by the end of May.
In addition the minimum computer specifications were released today:
- Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI Radeon™ X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- 25 GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard and mouse
For all your Guild Wars 2 news, stay with us here on GAMEBREAKER and watch GuildCast each week.