Guild Wars 2 Celebrates Its 1-Year Anniversary With The Queen’s Speech
Players will be getting some special rewards in the The Queen’s Speech update for Guild Wars 2 as the 1-year anniversary celebration of the game is upon us.
August 20th marks the release of The Queen’s Speech update in Guild Wars 2, and players can expect some gifts to be bestowed upon them for helping make GW2 successful in its first year. This update also builds on the previous game update, The Queen’s Jubilee living world update.
Queen Jennah has gathered the inhabitants of Kryta to give a state-of-the-nation address and reflect on her years in power. But an air of mystery hangs over the occasion, leaving players to wonder what might be in store…only time will tell.
Among the new rewards, events and features included in the Guild Wars 2 Queen’s Speech are the following:
· Birthday Gifts: Players who created characters when Guild Wars 2 launched last August will receive a gift as their characters reach their first birthdays. Included will be a Mini Queen Jennah, a 24-hour Birthday Booster and an Experience Scroll.
· Infinite Watchknight Tonic: Players who complete the Queen’s Speech meta achievement will receive a tonic that allows them to transform into a Watchknight at any time.
· Ten Days of Black Lion Sales: Each day for 10 consecutive days – starting Friday, Aug. 23, at 12:01 a.m. (PT) – players will be able to purchase items and weapon skins that had limited sales during the game’s first year from the Black Lion Trading Company.
· World vs. World XP / Point Adjustments: Earning World Experience will be easier for players playing normally in WvW as the WXP rate will be increased across the board. World Ability Points also will be adjusted so that a player’s total points will equal his or her current rank. New characters will start with one Ability Point, and all existing characters will receive one more.
· World vs. World Trebuchet Mastery: A new Trebuchet Mastery ability line will allow players to increase their efficiency with trebuchets by increasing the basic shot damage and hit radius, and adding a new supply-draining effect to the basic shot. Players can also learn a new Healing Oasis skill that provides healing to teammates.
There is more info and surprises for the Guild Wars 2 one-year anniversary yet to come, so stay tuned and here’s to many more years of GW2!