A pretty new update for Planetside 2
The first major game update for Planetside 2 creatively named Update 1 launched yesterday, December 13th. Some of the highlights from the update include: horns, other vehicle changes, and a new option to make multiple characters on a server. Here is the short list of general changes.
- Horns are now available for the Sunderer and Flash! Check the Depot under Vehicle Gear.
- New weaponry is currently being issued to all three empires. If you are looking for a new light machine gun or assault rifle, head to the Depot and check them out.
- A number of changes have been made to Vehicle and Aircraft weaponry. Please see the Vehicle notes below.
- Fixed a few crash bugs and provided some optimizations to improve gameplay.
- Players may now make multiple characters on the same server.
A more detailed list of changes can be found on the official websites’ forums. This list more clearly covers bug fixes, vehicle changes, new weaponry, class changes (No Vanu you still have to wear purple tights!) UI changes, and visual changes.
Perhaps one of the most important changes included in the update though is the changes to the Tech Plants. Tech Plants have been, arguably the most difficult Facilities for attackers to penetrate. With Force Fields up, they are only accessible through small doors and windows. Previously Tech Plant Force Fields were located within the main building itself. With the update Tech Plant Force Field generators were moved into two external structures located nearby.
And then, of course there’s the matter of new weaponry. Yay! New guns are always good! With the update, seven new weapons were added, including a new rocket launcher, and a number of new assault rifles. Pew Pew!
Happy Holidays from SOE
Sony Online Entertainment also posted yesterday the PS2 edition of 12 days of holidays, a tradition among many other SOE titles. Starting today, December 13th and going on every day up until the 24th. According to the post you will find something special each day when you log in. Each daily special will be unveiled that morning, and will only be available on that day! So make sure you keep an eye on the Planetside 2 website for details and, be sure to log in each day and check out what deals are up!
What do you want for the holidays?