BioWare is looking for a few good men/women/sith.
The build-up to SWTOR patch 1.2 is beginning in earnest and a new dev blog is requesting guild support. To ensure that the high-end content is tested thoroughly – don’t mention Ilum – guilds with experience in endgame can apply to participate on the PTS. The characters of said participants will be given a manual copy-over in order to avoid having to level all the way up before testing level 50 content, which would be ridiculous – like in patch 1.1. To supplement this push, BioWare is also offering paid testing positions for high level players who live locally to their base in Austin, Texas.
I’ve wondered for some time why there isn’t just a character copy service – or even a template 50 option – available for anyone on the PTS. Amazingly, my suspicions were confirmed in the same post:
“While we don’t have the technology for mass character transfers yet”
I have a lot of faith in how well SWTOR’s team is responding to its many challenges, but the lack of forethought in some of the systems is staggering.
Watch The Republic each week for all your Star Wars: The Old Republic news and views.
Hello everyone! We are very excited to announce that Game Update 1.2 will be hitting our Public Test Server soon.As you know, Game Update 1.2 is packed with new content, including a new Flashpoint, Operation, and Warzone. To that end, we’re looking for some end-game guilds to test this new content and to provide feedback before the update goes out to our live servers.While we don’t have the technology for mass character transfers yet, we do have a manual process to copy characters from our Live servers to our Public Test Server that we will be offering for Guilds that are accepted for testing.If you and your Guild would like to help us out in testing Game Update 1.2 content, please do the following:
- Gather a strike team from your Guild of no more than 16-20 players (8 works too, of course) who have ready-to-raid (or PVP) level 50 characters in the game. These must be players who are willing to put the live game aside for a while and help us out on the Public Test Server.
- Ensure that each player patches to the Public Test Server and logs into it before submitting your team list via email.
- Ensure that each player has an empty character slot (that is, they must have 7 or fewer characters) on the Public Test Server.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject “[Your Guild Name] Game Update 1.2 Testing” and include the following information:
- The server that your Guild is currently on.
- A very brief summary of your Guild’s end-game accomplishments. (No more than 50 words, please.)
- For each participating member of your Guild, please list their:
- Account name (the name that shows up when you post on the SWTOR forums)
- Account e-mail address
- Character name of the level 50 they wish to have copied to the Public Test Server.
Spaces are limited, so we can’t guarantee that your Guild will be accepted for testing. Please get your emails in as soon as you can. We are looking to begin the copying process soon. Accepted Guilds will be notified via email, at which point more information will be given.
Thanks in advance!