Many players have reported difficulties with delivery of their physical copies of Mists of Pandaria, which launches today throughout the EU and the US.
Thanks in part to the popularity of the digital download editions of Mists of Pandaria, many stores are not running midnight launch events. Players who had planned to attend such an event should verify that their proposed location is, in fact, planning a midnight launch, as it seems many are being cancelled at short notice and many others have no such event planned.
This is causing problems for many players who fear they will be unable to play at launch time tonight, and while no official report or post has been made, Blizzard Customer Support have responded to several tickets on this issue with the same response. If a player has purchased the physical edition or the collectors’ edition of Mists of Pandaria, but has not received it, meaning they are unable to play at midnight, the player can take a series of steps to play at midnight, without having to purchase two licenses.
- Purchase a copy of the Digital Download, allowing play at midnight.
- When the player receives their collectors’ or physical edition, they should not activate the key on their account.
- Submit a ticket to Blizzard via the Battle.net account, including an image of the collectors’ or physical edition key in the box
- Blizzard will deactivate and refund the digital download, and apply the key from the image sent with the ticket
- On the completion of Blizzard’s actions, the player will receive the in-game pet and mount.
While this requires the initial outlay for both the digital download and the collectors’ edtion, the digital download can be refunded. It is very important to note that this requires the collectors’ edition to be added to the account less than 14 days after the digital download was purchased.