- You can go anywhere, whether it’s a territory from a previous Elder Scrolls game or somewhere you’ve never been before. This is emphasized by the scenic vistas of Skyrim, Morrowind, and Cyrodiil seen throughout the video.
- Combat style is very Elder Scrolls-ish — left click to attack, right click to block, with power attacks and special abilities mixed in.
- Although you’ll have a character class, it’s more of a starting point than anything. As you progress, you’ll be able to choose perks to let you customize your character further — even to letting you potentially become a werewolf or vampire.
- Quests are fueled by exploration, rather than rigid theme-park-iness. As Paul Sage puts it, it’s “not what do I do next, it’s which one of these things do I do next?”
- You’ll be remembered by NPCs when you perform heroic deeds for them. “Wait.. I know you!”
But words can do only so much. Check out the video above to get your first real look at what’s shaping up to be an amazing game.