Will Warner Bros. follow up on success of Batman: Arkham City?
A new Batman: Arkham game or movie could be in the works. It seems Warner Bros. recently registered domains related to Batman: Arkham.
The best guess is a new Batman: Arkham game is coming, following the success of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, which appeared on PC and consoles. Both Batman: Arkham games were received well by critics and fans, and Batman: Arkham City sold two million copies in its first week.
The news could also hint at a new movie. Last year, Cosmic Book News reported a 2016 Batman movie reboot will be based on the Batman: Arkham property. With The Dark Knight trilogy complete and a Justice League movie on the way, a Batman: Arkham movie seems somewhat likely, especially with the games getting great recognition.
It’s worth cautioning there’s a small chance Warner Bros. did not register the domains since they were registered privately by MarkMonitor. But MarkMonitor is the same company Warner Bros. used to register its official website and the official website for Batman: Arkham City.
Here is the full list of the domain names, which were first discovered by Fusible:
- arkhamuniverse.com (Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkahmuniverse.com (Batman Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkhamarises.com (Batman Arkham Arises)
- batmanarkhambegins.com (Batman Arkham Begins)
- batmanarkhamdarkknight.com (Batman Arkham Dark Knight)
- batmanarkhamknight.com (Batman Arkham Knight)
- batmanarkhamlegend.com (Batman Arkham Legend)
- batmanarkhamlegends.com (Batman Arkham Legends)
- batmanarkhamnight.com (Batman Arkham Night)
- batmanarkhamorigins.com (Batman Arkham Origins)
- batmanarkhamstories.com (Batman Arkham Stories)
- darkknightarkham.com (Dark Knight Arkham)
- dcarkhamuniverse.com (DC Arkham Universe)
- dcarkhamverse.com (DC Arkhamverse)
- thearkhamuniverse.com (The Arkham Universe)
What do you guys think? Is another Batman: Arkham game coming? Is a movie underway? Would you prefer a game or movie? Make sure to comment below.