Since launch the very vocal D3 community has been sending a very loud message: Make the game suck less. To the credit of the devs they seem to be doing a decent job of it, especially with this latest round of blog posts detailing class changes.
Barbarian, Monk, Wizard, Demon Hunter, and Witch Doctor are all getting some love. The devs have adopted a philosophy of “buff things to make them cooler!” with sweeping damage increases across all of the classes, instead of nerfing the “over powered” stuff. One exception to that might be the Wicked Winds nerf the Wizard got, but it’s a good trade off when you can actually use other abilities instead.
Here are some highlights:
- Barbarians are having Bash and Cleave buffed, to make them a viable alternative to Frenzy.
- Wizards are having all the Hydra runes buffed to be on par with Venom Hydra, as well as having Meteor and Arcane Torrent pumped up in damage.
- Witch Doctors are having Zombie Dogs buffed up so they will be useful in Inferno. Straight up damage buffs are coming for Acid Cloud, Firebomb, Firebats, and Spirit Barrage.
- Demon Hunters are having Rain of Vengeance buffed ludicrously high, increasing the damage done from 75% weapon damage over 5 seconds to 750% weapon damage over 5 seconds. They’re also having their Hatred generators buffed up across the board.
- Monks will have spirit spending abilities that will actually kill something. With damage increases to Exploding Palm, Seven Sided Strike, and Wave of Light. They’re tweaking a passive that gives a spirit generation bonus to players wielding 2-handed weapons to 35% up from 25%.
Those are just some of the changes coming. Check out the developer blogs for some more in depth exploration of each class.
Let us know what you guys think. Is it too little too late? Is something missing that you would like to see in the patch notes when they come out?