A few days ago Arma 2 mod DayZ dropped their latest patch notes, hit the Reddit forums for a discussion about working as a standalone game, and a new group of rescue players appeared on Reddit for the DayZ player in need.
To start, 1.7.2 patch has both a good side and a bad side.
First, the good news is that players will drastically see an improvement to client/server issues and lag in general. The bad news is that players could lose their equipment and have to deal with loading problems.
The major highlights of the patch include:
- [NEW] Set Bear Traps that breaks player and infected legs, and kills animals, when activated
- [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state
- [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)
- [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)
- [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)
While on a Reddit thread, the community discussed the possibility of DayZ going stand alone, and Rocket has revealed this is something the team is looking into. The community is not entirely convinced this will be a strong move, but time will tell where DayZ will go.
Lastly, and interestingly enough, a new subreddit has popped called Reddit Rescue Force. The group uses a general Teamspeak to assist players requesting aide.
I, for one, think it’s great to see community members actively helping those in need when the game world holds survival as priority.
So there you have it! This has been your weekly source of DayZ.
Leave a comment below and let us know if you support the Reddit Rescue Force, the possibility of a standalone game, and your thoughts on the patch notes.