Over the weekend we got a preview of the changes coming to Diablo III in 1.0.4 in the form of a developer blog post. Some long overdue changes are coming, and they can only be good things. While there are some things that we’ll have to wait until 1.1 for, the highlights of this coming patch include:
- No more elite packs healing.
- Shrinking the difficulty gap between normal monsters and elites by upping the HP of normal monsters and upping their item drop rate by a factor of four, but lowering the HP of elite mobs.
- Magic and Gold Find will no longer average out between players in groups.
- NO MORE INVULNERABLE MINIONS
- Adjusting Fire Chains and Shielding to be less horrible.
- Removed elite enrage timers.
- Reducing Inferno repair costs by 25%
- Upping the quality of ilevel 61 and 62 items. They can now roll damage stats similar to top end ilevel 63 weapons and gear.
- Creating a new set of weapon affixes to close the trade off gap when using 2 handed weapons instead of dual wielding.
There will be more blog posts talking about legendaries and the class buffs that are coming, but it looks like this is a good start. What do you guys think of the changes? If you aren’t playing anymore do you think that this might bring you back? Let us know in the comments below.