MechWarrior Online dropped a Q&A for fans and gamers discussing the fine details of the game including weapons, ghost view, and a number of different topics all wrapped up into eight answers.
Here are the major highlights:
- When you die your view will shift to one of your allies.
- There will be no freecam as this can give way to cheating.
- Tiered Mechs that go toe to toe will find a greater balance than other games; an example being a Light Mech in the same tiered as a Medium Mech will be more balanced to allow both sides a chance to win.
- Placement of weapons, items and ammunition play a factor in ensuring your success.
- Anything in a location can be destroyed like heat sinks. This also includes the sides of an XL engine.
- If you fire a missile at a very short range it will bounce off a target, neither exploding nor doing damage.
- Laser based weapons will need to be held on target while Ballistic weapons will just hit an area.
As you can see the subtle details in this game are amazing. Hopefully come beta we will see how all this works and get some much needed hands-on time with this game.
Do you think they wasted an opportunity here to hype this release, or did you get some nice information to stir the excitement for the game? Leave a comment below and let us know what you thought of this Q&A.