With the recent release of more info on Bungie’s Destiny, some viewers would like to know what the guys think.
One viewer asks if Josh Allen and Mike Schaffnit okay with the Bungie’s Destiny being console-specific and what their thoughts on the reveal event are. Another would like to know if they think that Destiny’s use of mobile integration will encourage more developers to add it to their games.
Are games less refined today than when the industry first started?
Eduardo ponders this question with Mike and Josh as they go into detail about the change of the video game industry over the past couple of years. Other callers ask the two to give their opinions on Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts and Forge.
The lines are open and the volume is up, so listen up! Caller lines open every Tuesday night at 9PST on Skype… so be sure to tune in live and let YOUR voice be heard! And, if you missed last week’s episode of After Dark, be sure to catch it here.
A complete list of questions in this week’s show follows.
- What are your thoughts on all of the Destiny information? Are you upset it’s not coming to PC? What about the event they had for press and showed them nothing
- With Destiny doing more with mobile integration, do you think that other developers will embrace the idea and add it to their game?
- Do you see untapped potential for more innovation in the ARPG genre? (ie: adding more in depth blocking/defense mechanics)
- What Kingdom Hearts worlds would you like to see added to any new installment?
- Have you guys ever played the Monster Hunter series? Why haven’t US companies made a game similar to it and brought it over to the US after its huge success in Japan?
- Do you think games nowadays are less refined than they were in the past?
- Have either of you played Forge and what do you think of it? It’s available on Steam.
- Any advice for players with multiple alts looking to get involved in Mists of Pandaria?
- What do you think of the new Youtube Channel layout?