How many times have you purchased a game, only to have DLC waiting for you at the start screen? As DLC becomes more popular, are game developers harming the overal video game experience?
Mike Schaffnit and Josh Allen both agree that it can be detrimental to the gaming experience if the DLC is pivotal to the games main story. They also think about the most bizarre change they would introduce to World of Warcraft! How about every class having 4 specs?!
The lines are open and the volume is up, so listen up! Caller lines open every Tuesday night at 9PST on Skype… so be sure to tune in live and let YOUR voice be heard! And, if you missed last week’s episode of After Dark, be sure to catch it here.
A complete list of questions in this week’s show follows.
- If you had the UNLIMITED POWER of Ghostcrawler, what crazy or bizarre changes would you make to the classes of WoW?
- What do you guys think of Twitch Turbo?
- What video game music do you find most memorable?
- Do you miss the time when there was no DLC?
- What is the most fun raid/dungeon encounter you’ve experienced?
- Are the big publishers like EA actually hurting the gaming industry at this point by forcing too much on developers?
- With all the buzz around Starcraft Ghost/Universe, if it were to happen, do you think it would have a more gritty style?
- What do you guys think of Defiance?
- How do you think Path of Exile will compete with other MMO launches?