Patch 5.2 launched this week in the US and the EU and Josh Allen, Gary Gannon and Olivia Grace sit down to talk about as much as we can squeeze in from the new content. We promised you PvP this week, and man, we delivered. Patch 5.2 PvP in various contexts, from high end arenas to random battlegrounds! And don’t worry, there’s PvE chat too. This week our discussion revolves around the following:
- Patch 5.2 launches the new Throne of Thunder raid, Josh runs us through his guild’s first week of progression.
- Patch 5.2 PvP: random battleground scaling has had some weird bugs with levels, gear, and combat ratings. Olivia explains.
- Josh runs us through his getting of the green fire and his Gratz from Ghostcrawler!
- There are several promised items not making it into patch 5.2, including two engineering items, a mount and a pet, and heirloom shields. The gang discuss why this might be the case.
- The /follow command is removed from battlegrounds and arenas, causing an uproar among the multiboxing community. We discuss why this might be the case, and whether multiboxing in patch 5.2 PvP is really such a great loss compared to the removal of several of the most basic bots.
- Blizzard’s new kid on the block, Brian Holinka, who appears to have been brought in to reinvigorate WoW PvP, joins Ghostcrawler for an interview with Arena Junkies, revealing many interesting things about WoW PvP.
- Is it OK for a few specs to be viable at the top end of PvP, or should every spec be viable?
- What does viable even mean?
- Should spells be designed to work differently in PvP or are the devs right to have that option available only as a last resort?
- Holinka talks about “fixing” knockbacks etc in Blade’s Edge and Dalaran arenas, we wonder just exactly what he’s on about?!
- And could World of Warcraft finally be turning itself into an e-sport?!
And, of course, we answer your viewer questions! Send your questions in to firstname.lastname@example.org, we particularly love your video questions, and keep an eye on our facebook to submit them there!