Gary Gannon, Josh Allen and Olivia Grace return for another episode of Legendary, the World of Warcraft show! This week we’re doing our best not to show the Valentine’s day love with another episode discussing all manner of Warcraft patch 5.2 changes going back and forth with currency, release dates, spending and saving Valor points and Conquest points. This week’s show includes:
- Are arena teams cool or a hindrance? Olivia had a twitter reply from Ghostcrawler regarding cross-realm arena teams, in which he said Blizzard were debating whether arena teams were cool or a hindrance. What do you think? Would Blizzard really take arena teams out altogether? And should they be made cross-realm? Obviously this isn’t a change that we’re going to be seeing any time soon.
- We’ve also had confirmation that, with WoW patch 5.2, all the patch 5.0 raids, so Terrace of Endless Spring, Heart of Fear and Mogu’shan vaults, will be made cross realm. Groups will still have to be organized by players, this isn’t like Raid Finder, but does this herald a gradual slide towards the disappearance of realms? Are realms really even relevant any more?
- Valor points have had some changes. When they released the official World of Warcraft patch 5.2 guide, Blizzard asserted that Valor points would be reset, leading every site on the internet to advise players to spend their valor now. Since then, Zarhym has confirmed that, with patch 5.2, valor will not, in fact, be reset. The best advice now is to save valor, rather than spending it.
- Conquest points will still be reset, but with all the options, what’s the best thing to be doing with your conquest right now?
- With his release about Blizzard’s change of heart on valor, Zarhym also mentioned that players who had spent their valor would have time to cap it completely – i.e. to get to 3,000 valor – before patch 5.2 releases. This gives us some information about the patch 5.2 release date – it’s at least three weeks away.
- Finally, a South Korean player causes waves in the WoW community by exposing the elitism rife in Asian servers. Are WoW players just elitist jerks?
And, of course, we answer your viewer questions! Send your questions in to firstname.lastname@example.org, we particularly love your video questions, and keep an eye on our facebook to submit them there!