Youtube is testing out the idea of subscription based content via high profile channels this April! Would you pay $5 per month for Gamebreaker content?
Mike Schaffnit, Josh Allen, and Darnell talk about how this might change the online video culture and discuss other viewer questions like the new planet in Star Wars The Old Republic that is the only planet to have homosexual themes. It’s a pretty touchy subject, but it might just be a product of the fact that it’s being introduced as an expansion.
The lines are open and the volume is up, so listen up! Caller lines open every Tuesday night at 9PST on Skype… so be sure to tune in live and let YOUR voice be heard! And, if you missed last week’s episode of After Dark, be sure to catch it here.
A complete list of questions in this week’s show follows.
- How do you think video games will be used as educational tools moving forward?
- What would Darnell say to the Star Wars guy from last years Blizz Blues: 12 Days of Christmas?
- With Ni No Kuni’s success, should more animation studios start taking a crack at making games or vice versa?
- Why doesn’t League of Legends make use of a voice chat innately in the game like DotA or HoN?
- What is your favorite combat from an MMO, and what style will ESO adopt?
- How do you feel about forcing players to cross PvP and PvE to obtain items in game?
- Will Diablo 3 ever be able to win the people back or have people moved on to games like Path of Exile?
- With a 5 million sales expectation for Deadspace 3, does the gaming industry have way to high of expectations again?
- How do you feel about the way Bioware is going to implement SGE in SWTOR?
- To what extend should parents be involved in allowing their children to play violent video games?
- How long do you think until video games aren’t looked at as the scapegoat to every problem by politicians?