After Dark EP 46 | Addicted!
This week on After Dark, the XIV beta issues has everyone talking, Gary has Hearthstone addiction issues and more!
Welcome to an XIV beta filled episode of After Dark! As we all know, the open beta happened — or in some people’s cases, didn’t — last weekend and there’s been a lot of hubbub about the various errors that players experienced. Some people got hit with the lovely, one size fits all, “you can’t come to the party because you’re already here”, 3102 error. Others were slapped with what henceforth be referred to as “the extremely angry Sayia-jin error”. 90000?!!?
BUT THAT’S NOT ALL! Many of our in-chat viewers were also very concerned with the error code 3 they have been receiving upon trying to put in their preorder code. It seems, however, that you can relax on that one, as by the time After Dark aired, Square Enix had already heard what we had to say about communication on XIV Reborn and had started throwing up updates on their twitter account.
Of course, while XIV seemed to be what the callers were most interested in asking about, that didn’t stop Gary and Schaffnit from discussing their new favorite obsession… Hearthstone! They’ve both been playing quite a bit… Schaff’s even destroyed Gary a few times. And Gary seems to have that age old gamer problem of “Just one more…” Now we know why he really hasn’t been sleeping…
Of course, there’s a whole lot more, such as Xizta finally getting to ask his question from last week and a question about whether or not Blizz should allow a legal form of gold farming! So be sure to watch.
A list of questions follows:
- Do you think that with all the problems XIV has been having with the beta access code, will it hurt the game’s chance of thriving?
- Which game would be most worth spending my time on?
- How do you see a server cap working in A Realm Reborn?
- Between the rumors that XIV is better on a controller and Blizz bringing Diablo 3 to consoles, what kind of impact do you think that will have on the use of controllers in these types of games in the future?
- What do you think can be learned from the Duck Tales HD remake?
- Do you think that a system could be set up in WoW that would allow players to legally sell gold?
And, if you missed last week’s episode, be sure to check it out here.