World of Warcraft is dead, extinct, shuffled off the mortal coil, kicked the bucket, pushing up the daisies. World of Warcraft is an EX-MMORPG! Points awarded for getting the reference. Despite WoW’s untimely demise, Gary Gannon, Josh Allen and Olivia Grace bravely sallied forth. Once more into the breach, my friends! This is Legendary.
This week we talked about:
- World of Warcraft’s subscriber base drops from “over 10 million” to 9.6 million. Reports of WoW’s demise are largely exaggerated, regardless of their source, and fluctuations are normal. Whether WoW will ever re-attain its Wrath of the Lich King peak subscription numbers remains to be seen, but it is well ahead of every other MMORPG out there. Nonetheless, as mentioned, Warcraft is dead: to begin with. There is no doubt whatsoever about that.
- Blizzard’s 2013 outlook includes the release of the Starcraft II expansion pack, Heart of the Swarm, and one additional title? Could this be Titan? We don’t think so, but Blizzard All-stars seems like a likely candidate, given that it has been transformed to leap aboard the MOBA bandwagon. Probably a wise move, with WoW dead as a dodo.
- We have an update on last week’s PvP drama! In a surprising step, Bashiok posted that Blizzard had discovered they had accidentally doled out punishment to undeserving PvPers. Blizzard did the right thing and rescinded their bans, limiting their sanctions to the most egregious offenders. What message does this send to PvPers? Probably just that Warcraft is dead.
- Josh Allen reports back on the Warlock Green Fire quest from the patch 5.2 PTR. The final boss is famously difficult, does this quest need a nerf? Or does the fact that it only offers a cosmetic reward remove the requirement for it to be accessible to all? And is the reward sufficient for the effort required to receive it?
- Tier 14 raids are to be nerfed by 10%, but the big news is that nobody cares. Is it really that big a deal? Why is nobody freaking out about this? The absence of nerd rage is, in itself, terrifying. And what will happen with future tiers? Will there even be future tiers, seeing as Warcraft is dead, and all?
And, of course, we answer your viewer questions! Send your questions in to email@example.com, we particularly love your video questions, and keep an eye on our facebook to submit them there! Warcraft was dead, but It got better…